Friday, September 17, 2010

It's Only Stuff

Once again, it has been over a week. I used to love to "hop on" the Internet and check my mail, respond, then other browsing, etc. kept me online about an hour per day- I consider this a healthy amount of time for a retired person. But with this illness, doing anything is a real chore. I'm up at this ungodly hour only because we were sort of waiting for Stratton & Brian, who we knew to be en route, but whose ETA was unknown. I finally became able to snip the apron string on that, saying to myself & to anyone else- he is nearly 40 years old, and if he chooses to drive all night long, so be it. Just now he posted an ETA of 4:00 AM, so I replied for him to drive safely, stop when sleepy, and not ding my phone with a text again unless he had trouble, because I wanted to try & sleep. Then I took my meds, & when I begin to nod off at the keyboard, I will close up shop.

Poor Stratton has been trying to get away from Dallas since Wednesday. The big delay was caused by the fact that their dog Lucy was hit by a car that day. Lots of drama & traumatic emotions, but when they took her to their own vet, it turns out that she had bad lacerations on one front paw but no fractures whatsoever. So she is in the hospital until Monday because of the fact that she is missing a lot of skin. But she is a young dog and healthy, and from all indications, she will recover with time. I'm just so glad that their vet is keeping her- the last thing we need around here is an injured dog. Anyway, Stratton seems consitutionally incapable of staying away from Beaumont for more than 2 weeks at a time. While I love having him visit, it is hard on him to drive so much- we are getting 2 new tires put on his Jetta in the morning that were supposed to be installed before he left Dallas. When I think back to the fact that when this 40-year-old man was a baby, a person could fly from here to Dallas, or to Tyler, or to Austin- and several other places. I can't understand what happened- I know the answer- "It's the economy, Stupid", but it is still hard to understand.

A young man with the surname of Garrett died tonight after playing in a football game. He was the Quarterback for the West Orange-Stark team, and he had thrown 2 TD passes before he collapsed. nn. Quarterack

No comments:

Post a Comment