Wednesday, December 1, 2010

And We're Off!

This is Stratton posting for Eileen.

10:10 AM, Wednesday, December 1, 2010. My phone rang as I was getting ready for work. I knew before I even answered the phone. She said, 'I got the call! They have a set of lungs for me. An ambulance is on the way to pick me up and take me to Houston. I'll have my cell phone with me in the ambulance. I have to call Trilby.' I think I got the words, 'Oh my god and I love you' in before she hung up.

So there you have it. At 11:07 AM she texted me that she was in the ambulance watching Beaumont fade in the distance. It's now 1:26 PM and I imagine she is under anesthesia. When I get any more details from Steve I will post them here. The surgery is expected to take anywhere from 12-18 hours. Please DO NOT SEND FLOWERS. From this point forward she can not have any live or previously living plants in her surroundings. This is due to the potential for causing fungal infections. So save your money and just send a nice card. She loves snail mail! I will post the details of her room number, etc when I have it.

I am terrified and excited and nervous all at the same time. I can only imagine how she was feeling on the way to Methodist Hospital. Everyone says they are the best so I will just keep my fingers crossed and pray all day long. I know all of you will be doing the same. Thanks for reading!

xoxo shd

No comments:

Post a Comment